Saturday, August 29, 2020

PIXI BEAUTY SKINTREATS SKINCARE HAUL | BEFORE + AFTER


There are a few things I simply will not compromise on. Don’t get me wrong, I can eat Tesco Value beans and drink cheap, shitty £5 bottles of wine without batting an eyelid. But when it comes to my skincare routine, you’d best believe it’s elaborate and expensive. Skincare is so important to me; the routine and the ritual are all part of it. And having lovely skin is obviously a bonus too. I’ve tried more skincare brands than I’d care to admit [I’d hate to see the total amount of money I’ve spunked on it over the years], but I feel like I’ve found a range of products that I absolutely love using and could not be without now. I recently had to replenish my stash of PIXI by Petra Skincare, and I wanted to show you what I chose this time…

This is a repurchase for me, as last week I managed to squeeze the very final splodges of product out of my previous tube. I absolutely love and adore this cleanser more than I could possibly love my first born child. It’s like a clay cleanser, meaning it doesn’t foam up and dry my skin out. It took me pretty much all of my teenage years to realise that a foaming cleanser did me absolutely no favours. I love this one because it does a great job at removing the remnants of any makeup that my micellar water has missed. It’s also made with 5% glycolic acid to brighten the complexion and soothes and hydrates at the same time. It’s very gentle, whilst also feeling very detoxifying. The last tube I bought lasted me months and months, so I don’t mind the £18 price tag - plus I usually am able to find a discount which is super handy. It’s just a really really really good cleanser, and one I think I’ll always keep in my bathroom from now on.


This is a new purchase for me; I’ve never tried any of PIXI’s serums before, or any serum for that matter. When all the instagrammers started dripping various liquids onto their faces, I thought I’d probably steer clear of it because it looked kind of…pointless? But having looked into the ingredients and supposed benefits of this serum, I was really intrigued and thought I’d like to give it a go. This serum is in a little pipette style bottle, and is formulated with 10% glycolic acid *quickly googles whether it’s possible to overdose on glycolic acid* and is supposed to work all sorts of miracles overnight as you sleep. It exfoliates, brightens and apparently kick-starts sluggish cells into boosting your collagen and elasticity. I’ve only used this for a couple of nights so far, and I’d be lying through my teeth if I told you I can see any kind of difference so far. I have noticed my skin looks slightly shiny or oilier in the mornings, but nothing that can’t be fixed with a quick cleanse. Watch this space, I’ll make sure to do a full review after I’ve been using it for longer!

This one’s another repurchase, and I was um-ing and ahhh-ing about which tonic to choose. PIXI do a Glow Tonic, a Retinol Tonic, a Collagen Tonic, a Milky Tonic, a Vitamin-C Tonic and a Clarity Tonic so I was on the  s t r u g g l e  b u s  trying to decide which one I wanted. I got the Rose Tonic the first time because I do love my botanicals, plus it was a baby pink colour which looked so pretty on my bathroom shelf. I decided to just go with what I knew, and got the Rose Tonic again; it smells gorgeous, it feels lovely to apply after a good cleanse and makes my skin feel hydrated and smelling gorgeous. This pH balancing and hydrating product also works to calm any redness and refresh the skin. It’s also alcohol and paraben free, so it’s super gentle and suitable for all skin types. We have no choice but to stan a universal product! I wouldn’t say toners or tonics are an ‘essential’ part of a skincare routine but it does make me feel flipping fabulous, regardless.

This was another new buy, and something that I’ve never used from the PIXI range before. I have their Peel & Polish which was genuinely life-changing, so I definitely wanted to try their other peel. This one is just as dreamy as the first, I am so so so glad I bought it, and I already can’t wait to use it again. This one’s made with coconut, so I’m basically already sold on it, and it just feels like suuuuch a luxury product. I love the packaging; white with PIXI’s trademark sage green looks lovely on display in my bathroom. The peel itself, whilst slightly gentler than the Peel & Polish I have [a full comparison blog post is pending!] still feels like it is exfoliating and brightening up my face really nicely. I have sensitive skin, so this one is probably better for me to use, although it’s still not an every day product, which is annoying because I’d personally quite like to spend 24hrs a day slathered up in this stuff!


So despite being more skint than a skint thing because I'm saving to move out, I deserve to treat myself like a complete and utter queen when it comes to skincare. My skincare routine and nightly ritual is no joke, and thou shalt not interfere with it by telling me to stop spending money on it. I just feel so much better for it, and it’s nice to invest in lovely products that you know work for you! Plus, I layer about forty seven layers of makeup on most days, so I need proper products that’ll help detoxify me and rid me of all my sins. I’m really looking forward to seeing the results after a few weeks of dedicated use. I’m also really looking forward to fighting everyone in my household for it, because my last lot of stuff by PIXI were definitely getting snaffled on the sly by my family because they all look so nice! So, yeessssss, maybe £86 total for this haul is a bit of a shocker, but I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself, and my skin is noticeably brighter after just one go with my new collection of bits!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig