Thursday, September 17, 2020

SHEIN SUMMER TRY ON HAUL


I’ve put myself on a month-long clothing ban. I am sad. HOWEVER, it does give me time away from endlessly scrolling through online stores’ pages and filling baskets to allow me to write my blog posts for all the orders I’ve had over the last few weeks! I recently placed an order with SHEIN, who I’ve ordered from before, for a few late summery bits. SHEIN is a website which I believe is based in China. It’s known for being a bit hit and miss; but if you try to buy a boujie evening gown for £10 and it arrives looking like a tacky parachute, you’re honestly the only one to blame. I have loved some of the stuff I’ve bought from them before, and I always find myself wondering what bargains I can bag. Once I come to terms with the 2-3 weeks shipping time, I’m always impressed with the things I’m able to find! I don’t need any more dresses, but you better believe I bought some. So here are the late-summer pieces I decided to treat myself with this time…


SHEIN Drop Shoulder Letter Graphic Colorblock Pullover | £12.99

Let’s start off with what can only be described as the jumper of dreeeeeams! I’d say this is actually more of a raglan ‘top’ than a jumper; it’s very thin for a jumper and while it’s nice and cosy for summer evenings, I wouldn’t dare leave my house in it without a jacket when it gets colder. I absolutely adore the pastel colour blocking, and I’d never seen this style of pattern in pastel colours before, so I had to have it. I feel like it’s got this really cool 80s or 90s feel to it, the drop sleeves and the long-crop is super relaxed and slouchy. The only real beef I have with this jumper is the text down one arm; it’s unforgivable and hilarious! The left-hand sleeve has ‘Funny & Sunny’ printed onto it, and while I know it’s not really noticeable unless someone’s really trying to read it, it just seems so cringe! I’m still going to wear this, though, I literally adore this jumper. It’s my most-worn piece of clothing in the last couple of weeks simply because the colour blocking of the pastel shades is so me; I love how it looks with my hair and is really cosy and comfy. I got the size M for a baggier fit!



Polka Dot Keyhole Back Belted Romper | £15.99

I really really really love this playsuit, even though I probably bought it in a size slightly too large! I got this in a size M [10] but I possibly would have been better off in a size small, just because the opening at the front seems slightly baggy, and the waist is slightly too large. More room for brunch, though, am I right?? I’ve not been a huge fan of this mint or sage colour in general over summer, which was frustrating because I saw so many girls looking amazing in their pastel green shades. I didn’t have massively high hopes for this and it was kind of a gamble as to whether I’d think it looked good on me, but I really do like it. I like the white polka dot pattern [I literally can’t get enough polka dots in my life] and I think the ruffled, three-quarter-length sleeves are super feminine, and the tie-waist helps me cinch it in a bit more, and masks the fact it’s slightly too big on me. I think I’d need a safety pin to close the front if I was going to wear it out; it’s very low-cut and a bit risky if a slight breeze was to roll by! But I do think this playsuit is really cute, girly and summery - it’d be perfect on holiday.



SHEIN Knotted Strap Plaid Bodycon Dress | £7.49

I basically already own this dress three times over - I’d be embarrassed to tell you how many black and white gingham bodycon mini dresses I have, but if you know something looks good, buy it in every possible variation, I say! I thought this one was irresistible because of its tie-straps. I think they are so sweet! They’re incredibly difficult to tie up, if I’m being honest, and one bow is always slightly wonky, but I think it’s a cute and interesting feature of quite an otherwise basic dress. I chose this in a size M, and it’s probably about right. It’s maybe an inch or two too long, but I am on the short side, so it’s not the dress’s fault. I also really like the stitching which defines the bust area; it just gives the dress a slight definition and flatters my non-existent chest, creating the illusion there’s a little bit more boob than is really there. I’ve worn this a couple of times already, just because it’s super effortless. I like it with my Air Force and a black denim jacket, and I think it’ll also transition to autumn with some crafty layering.



SHEIN Tie Neck Ruched Bust Tiered Dress | £16.99

This is the only dress from this order that I’ve been slightly hesitant about. I’ve been to put it on to wear out twice, but ended up changing my mind and deciding to wear something else. It kinda makes me think of a Victorian child or baby-at-their-christening. I think it looked SO nice on the SHEIN website, but it was advertised with just a flatly photo of the dress itself; not on a model for reference. It also had no reviews! But I took a gamble and bought it anyway, and for the most part, I do really like it! It’s giving me bohemian, beachy vibes. I really love the bardot neckline and the puffed sleeves. I think the length, again, is a tiny bit long for me, but being 5’2’’ that’s literally the story of my life. The material appears creased, but I believe that’s just the style, and plays into the beauty, holiday feel of it. I’d definitely take this away on holiday with me, because again, it’s quite an effortless dress which looks really feminine and pretty. Also, my niece told my stepmom that she wanted a ‘princess dress like Jasmine’s’ after I wore this, so that’s a winner in my book!


Lots of love,

Jasmine x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You look beautiful modelling all four of these lovely outfit pieces from SheIn!
    You look fabulous in the black and white plaid Shein bodycon dress, and you really rock the colour-block SheIn pullover in the 1st OOTD.
    The fabric, polka-dots and ruffles on that romper from SheIn look pretty.
    My favourite of the four looks in your SheIn try-on haul is the very feminine appearance of that tiered white SheIn tie neck ruched bust dress - I agree completely with your niece's description of it as a princess dress. You look fabulous wearing it! :D

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's important to keep in mind that weight loss is a complex process that involves a combination of factors, including diet, exercise, sleep, and stress management. While acetyl l carnitine can play a role in supporting overall health and wellbeing, it is not a magic bullet for weight loss. If you are looking to lose weight, it's important to talk to your healthcare provider or a registered dietitian who can help you develop a personalized plan that takes into account your unique needs and goals.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig