Sunday, January 10, 2021

A LITTLE B&M BARGAINS HOMEWARE HAUL


I’ve never lived very close to a B&M Bargains store before, but it’s a shop that’s always always been on my radar. I am a sucker for homeware, and I’m even more of a sucker for a bargain! I’ve always been so jealous of people doing their B&M homeware hauls on their blogs and YouTube, and it makes it so much more annoying that their website is quite limited and doesn’t let you order online! So when we moved to Bristol, and I realised I was ten minutes down the road from a huuuuge B&M store, I made it my mission to spend aaaages in there looking for stuff for my new flat. 


If you watch my YouTube videos, you’ll have seen I actually had loads and loads of stuff ready for the move from places like Wilko, Dunelm, Amazon and George at Asda. So really, I didn’t have a lot left that I *needed*. But the mystical, magical power of B&M means that even if you think you don’t need anything when you go in, you’ll always manage to find something to spend your money on! I’ve made several trips to the store over the last month and made lots and lots of purchases [so much so that I’ve got a whole YouTube video to film over the next few days!], but this is just one of the hauls and I thought I’d write a little blog post to go with it. So here’s what I got!


The first thing I picked up was something we actually needed for our new flat; the most glamorous item on my shopping list; a bog brush! They had a pretty good range of toilet brushes, with various colours and patterns, but I settled on quite a minimal white Textured Toilet Brush & Holder. This was a steal at £4. It has a subtle chevron pattern down the body, and a silver coloured handle. I’m not sure how much more can be said about a humble bog brush, but the reason I went for plain and white is just because our bathroom is quite plain already, and I think it looks neater and tidier to have minimal features knocking about. 



We also needed a dustpan and brush, and I had originally put a very basic grey plastic set in my basket, which I put back after I spotted this one. I’m such a basic blogger that I am obsessed with marble [still, yes, I know it’s not 2018 anymore], and this Marble Dustpan & Brush fit the bill perfectly. The kitchen in our flat isn’t the most ‘modern’; it’s actually a little bit daggy, but I still like to have nicer accessories despite this. I’ve got my pink kettle, toaster and microwave set and my lovely plates, so I think a couple of marble accessories compliment those touches quite nicely, and just look a bit more *thoughtful*. 


On the way to the checkouts, I spotted a few kitchen utensils which were also in that lovely marble print. I definitely didn’t need these; we have plenty of kitchen utensils for the flat already, but I did like the fact that these are softer, silicone-style utensils. We had metal ones previously, but we have some quite nice non-stick pans which I don’t want to damage by scraping metal spatulas on them. So I grabbed this Marble 2 Pack Spatula & Turner, which I think look really lovely. Then, I spotted the Marble 2 Pack Whisks, which, I haven’t used yet, but I’m sure I’ll find a use for them during this third lockdown. Maybe a bit of lockdown baking?? The only thing I’ve noticed about the spatula and turner so far though, is that they don’t half stain! I used the turner to make a curry a few nights ago, and had to wash it immediately as it stained quite yellow with the turmeric. I’m glad I did now, as it’s gone pretty much back to white, but I’d warn against leaving these to be washed the morning after as it seems like they’re quite porous. But for £3 per set, I’m really pleased with these!



So that’s my little B&M homeware haul! I hate to say it [and to admit it to myself] but I dare say there’ll be a few more of these coming. I’m forever thinking of excuses to pop in for homeware, cleaning bits, laundry stuff, decor and, of course, the magical booze aisle! I absolutely love that shop, it’s full of great bits of pieces and always worth a browse on a rainy afternoon. Especially as it’s classed as an ‘essential’ shop! I hope you enjoyed this little post, and I’d put money on you loving reading about my new toilet brush. Lockdown is doing weird things to us all. What next?


Lots of love,

Jasmine x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love B&M's homeware ranges, they're so affordable! And the marble print looks lovely 😍

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this haul! B&M do some lovely homeware bits - I especially love the whisks xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig