Sunday, January 16, 2022

ASOS DESIGN ADA CHUNKY CHELSEA BOOTS | REVIEW


I did my best to avoid the Boxing Day and New Year’s sales…I really did. I’ve actually had a really good, productive month with decluttering and organising my wardrobe. The minimal, neutral fashion movement I’m seeing all over Instagram has really grabbed me. Plus, who doesn’t want a streamlined, easy-to-match wardrobe where everything goes with everything? Finally, it seems, I’ve discovered a style that really resonates with me. I’ve done away with all my needlessly floral, patterned or otherwise gaudy garms to make way for bold, statement, simple pieces like the one I am writing about today. I’ve always been a lover of a chunky boot, and it’s been a good six months since I added to my collection. I accidentally tripped and fell onto the ASOS website during their New Year’s sale and came across these boots…


To be perfectly honest, I was actually hoping for some knee-high boots when I went lurking. But this has worked massively in my favour; you may have seen my recent blog post where I told you all about my new job. Well, I think that these Chelsea boots are going to be getting a hell of a lot of wear around the office. They’re super wearable and will tuck underneath any trousers. The same cannot be said for knee-highs, so it’s worked out well really! These are the Ada Chunky Chelsea Boots by ASOS Design. And I absolutely adore ASOS Design stuff - these are probably my sixth or seventh pair of boots from their collection over the years. There’s a certain simplicity and lack-of-fuss that comes with ASOS Design products which I really love. Yet they somehow retain a fashion-forward ‘edge’. 


They cost £21.25 in the sale when I purchased them [I see they have crept up slightly in price since then!] and I chose a size 4. I’m always a bit ‘errmmmm/aahhhhh’ when it comes to ASOS sizing for shoes. I seem to be between a 3 and a 4, and they sadly don’t offer mid-sizes. So I tend to go with a 4 now, and just wear a thicker pair of socks. These boots came in the world’s most humungous box with some tissue paper protection inside. As soon as I took them out of the box, my first thought was how heavy and good quality they looked and felt to be. They are usually priced at £38 when the sale isn’t on, which I’d say is still quite a bargain for the quality of these. The outer material is a faux leather which isn’t too shiny and looks very natural. The only thing I’ll need to watch out for is scuffs and dinks, because they show up super easily and are a bugger to camouflage once they’re done.



These come up to my mid-calf, so slightly longer than expected. However, I’m a petite gal at around 5’2’’ and my stumpy legs are shorter than the model on the website’s! I really like the look of a mid-calf boot, though, I think it’s really nice for winter and I just think it looks flattering. I have shin tattoos and I feel the peek-a-boo of my tattoos over the top of the boots are a cute look. The sole is suuuuuper chunky, which I am such a huge fan of. They give me an entire three or four inches of extra height. As someone who cannot walk in a heel to save their life, the platform makes it so comfortable. The 2cm heel feels flat to me, so walking around in these all day would be easy. Plus, I love the cut-out detail in the sole because it creates the illusion of a higher heel. I am yet to wear these out for the day, but based on my strutting about the flat in them this morning, I’d say they’ll be good and comfortable. 


They’re just incredibly pretty boots that are simple, minimal, they’ll go with absolutely any outfit and can be dressed up or down. Plus, they’re great to wander around all day in, or dress up to go for dinner and dancing in as they’re so comfortable. I really rate these, so I wanted to share them with you. I hope you found this helpful!


Lots of love,

Jasmine x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig