Sunday, May 3, 2020

OCCASION, EVENT + PARTY DRESSES | FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY-ON HAUL*


Everyone still in lockdown? Everyone still living in their PJs? Everyone still ordering clothes like they’re actually going to get to wear them soon? Yep, me too. I’m bringing a whole new level of “all dressed up and nowhere to go” with this latest collaboration with Femme Luxe Finery! And I honestly don’t know what my problem is, because even before lockdown started, I barely left the house in anything but jeans and a t shirt. But is that going to stop me ordering a load of night-out/occasion/clubbing dresses? And by adding them to my basket, am I trying to convince myself that once lockdown’s lifted I’m suddenly going to become a night-out-loving-event-attending lady? Who knows! All I do know is that this dress-filled haul was one of the prettiest and best parcel of things I’ve had for aaaaaages! 



★★★★☆
When I opened the package and saw this in the bag, I thought I’d made a grave error. I saw white lace and crinkly lilac satin and I thought it looked super tacky. Of course it looked amazing on the model on the website with her 34FFs and booty the size of Jupiter, but when I first pulled it out, I thought it looked ridiculously cheap and naff. But when I put it on, I was like Oh Em Gee it’s actually the most fabulous, sexy little number. 

I’m not sure it’s one for Sunday lunch down the pub or your grandma’s birthday party, but it’s certainly one to keep in m y wardrobe! I don’t go on many nights out, but I’ll definitely be wearing this on my next one. It’s sexy and slinky and figure-hugging, so I think it’ll be a bit of an eye-catcher. Plus, I think we can all agree that lilac is the best colour on this earth.



★★★★☆
Okay, so here’s your Sunday lunch/grandma’s birthday frock. I just think this is so cute! I’m having a moment with polka dots and Dalmatian prints; I think they’re so summery and flattering. I love the plunging neckline on this one, which I was kind of worried about before it came, but it actually fits my chest nicely and doesn’t come down too far. It closes at the back with a zip, so it’s a bit of a two-man job, but so pretty.

I like the tiered skirt, it’s quite unlike any other dress I own. I also like a long-sleeve on a dress to make it look a bit more formal. The slight puffiness in the sleeves are also really cool; quite feminine and interesting; so it’s not just a basic polka dot dress, but a unique style, which I love!



★★★★★
Is this the best dress I’ve ever owned? I am in actual LOVE, although I really will need to invest in some nipple covers if I actually want to leave the house wearing this. Side note; I personally don’t mind having my nipples on display [especially since having them pierced!] but the last thing I want is to be ejected from a bar for indecent exposure. I love how the mesh top shows off my tattoo, and again, the polka dots on the mesh are so pretty. 

I *should* deduct points for the skirt of this dress being a little bit see-through, but I’m not going to because I just love it too much. There’s a zip-closure under one arm, which I didn’t realise until after I’d tried to squeeze in without undoing it, so that makes life slightly easier. I went for a size 8 in this one, and it fits nicely. This is one of those dresses that kind of blurs the lines between lingerie and actual clothing. Again, it’s a risqué little number but super super super flattering, comfortable, and feels like great quality. 



★★★★★
Invite me to your weddings, peeps, because I have found my dress! I am so vexed that we can’t all be sipping Prosecco in gazebos this Spring - I’m sure I’m not as upset as people who’s weddings have actually been postponed - but please try to tell me that this isn’t THE wedding-guest dress of your dreams! I’ve gone with lilac again because now I’m slightly tanned, I think the colour compliments my skin so nicely. 

I love the fact that this dress can be worn either on or off-the-shoulder. I prefer off-the-shoulder because I love my collarbone being out! The tie-waist is super flattering and girly. And the batwing sleeves are dramatic. I LOVE. Just to mention, I sized up in this dress because the ribbed fabric is hella sturdy and tight, so it holds you all in but is a bit of a squeeze! But this is so great, please please please invite me to your garden parties and weddings, thanks!

Big ups to Femme Luxe Finery for another fabulous package of goodness. These hauls of mine just keep getting better and better. Maybe next time I should order some stuff I’m actually able to wear in lockdown?!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

*Disclaimer - While I have been sent these products for review on my blog, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. All four of those dresses you got from Femme Luxe Finery look gorgeous, and you look stunningly gorgeous wearing them!!!!!!
    Seeing how pretty each of them look being showcased by you, I would have to give all four dresses five stars each. I really love the tiered ruffles of the polka-dotted dress, and you look phenomenal in the lilac satin lace bodycon dress.
    I just visited the Femme Luxe website and am blown away by their selection of pretty dresses.

    My blog: Full Brief Panties
    My YouTube: misterpantybuns Channel
    My Twitter: @Panty_Buns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dot dress! So cute :)

    Christy x

    Stylerarebit.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig