Friday, June 12, 2020

LOUNGE UNDERWEAR BLUE BALCONY BRA SET | TRY ON + REVIEW


As I put the finishing touches to my lawsuit against the inventor of ‘Klarna’s pay later’ payment method [just kidding, it’s the best and worst thing that’s ever happened to me though!] I also find myself writing up this review of my first ever set of Lounge Underwear. I struggle to understand why it’s taken me this long to purchase one of their sets; I’ve always thought they are incredibly beautiful and it seems like I’m being stalked by the brand on social media. But I really think lockdown is getting to me and my friends…early this week we were all on a group video chat and all decided to buy a set each. My friend Charlie got the purple set, Pebbles bought mint and I chose this beautiful blue set…

When my sister came to visit in 2017, she was sporting one of the Lounge Apparel lounge sets which are made up of a sports bra and a pair of leggings, and I looooved it. I bought my own set and thought it was such great quality, and so comfortable. I wasn’t even too fussed about the £50 price tag, because at least when you get a lounge set, it’s using a fair bit of material for a full-length legging and a sports bra. Maybe that’s what deterred me from buying myself a set of the underwear when it started popping up all over my feeds. It costs the same amount of dosh for a set of teeny weeny lacy undercrackers as it does for a full lounge set. There’s something really off-putting about that, but after falling in love with the set, and finding a discount code [LOYAL, hope it still works!] to use, I fiiiiiiiiinally checked out. Using Klarna, of course, so I’m paying this off in three £13.33 instalments, which doesn’t seem so painful!


I ended up choosing the Blue Balcony Bra + Thong from a fair old selection of amazingly pretty colours and styles. Powder blue is my faaaavourite colour at the moment because I’ve got a right tan on the go, plus it seems a little bit more grown-up than the all-pink-everythaaaang I have going on most of the time! I did spot this set in the prettiest baby pink shade, so that is firmly on my wishlist. I also had a bit of a dilemma between the black set, which is super sexy, and the lilac set that they have! These are aaall going to make their way into my collection at some stage, though. I fear I’ve managed to form a bit of an addiction now I’ve had my first taste.

I’d wanted to go for a 34A bra-size initially, as this is the size I’d usually buy when shopping for underwear. But to be honest with you, I can’t even remember the last bra I bought. I’m flat as a bloody pancake and only really wear my strapless, padded bras to give the illusion of a pair of boobs usually! Some dresses call for a bit of padding in that area, and then other times I just won’t bother wearing one. But the 34A was out of stock, so I thought I’d better order a 32A and pray to the MyFitnessPal gods that my calorie-counting had been paying off and somehow shrunk my ribcage in the last few months. I went for a size S for the knickers. You buy the sets as one item after selecting from a drop down menu, so in my basket it appeared as 32 / A / S. It was £50 but dropped to £40 with the discount code, and shipping is free for all orders over £40!


My parcel came with Royal Mail within 48hrs, which was really impressive. I was so pleased with that! The packaging was branded with the Lounge logo and, to be honest, looked so small and measly for the £40 I’d spent! The kickers and the bra have their own separate plastic bag [naughty naughty, Greta Thunburg is seething!] inside the parcel to keep them protected. I love that I didn’t receive any tat inside the parcel; no HelloFresh coupons or bloody Graze subscription offers. You literally just get what you order…although come to think of it, I don’t remember seeing a returns label or receipt in there. Not that you can really return undies, I suppose.

The fit ended up being absolutely perrrrrfect, despite getting a smaller size than I’d have usually gone for in the bra. Who knew diet and exercise actually worked lol? This set is underwired but the lace cups don’t gape at all. The band is quite thick, and sits snugly and firmly on the ribs - no bulging of back-fat which is really nice! The band of the thong is made from the same Lounge-logo material, and are quite long. They’re meant to be worn in that high-waisted style, pulled up over the hips, which I think looks soooooo good. These aren’t like my usual £2 knickers from Primark.


So so so many of my favourite bloggers and influencers are constantly posing in their favourite lingerie sets. And now I’ve lost my Lounge Underwear virginity, it’s easy to see why! I actually hate myself for not jumping on this hype earlier. I’ve never known comfort like it. And what does Fat Bastard say in that Austin Powers movie? Oh yeah: “I’m dead sexy!”. I feel like an absolute babe in this set. It’s super feminine, so so flattering, it comes in inclusive sizes! I can’t even begin to tell you how often I’ve wanted to buy a lingerie set only to find it doesn’t come in my small size. So I was super happy to be able to find sexy undies, even for a smaller chest. 

I knew I’d absolutely love them, but I didn’t know I’d love them this much! If you’ve been umming and ahhhing about treating yourself to a set, I’d encourage you to do it. Treat yo’selves!!! There’s nothing quite like a set of really nice, expensive undies to cheer me up.
Although I don’t know whether to be happy or sad, because now I need to locate about £300 so I can collect the whole set. Oh well. YOLO, and words to that effect!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great Collection, Thankyou for sharing.
    We've stocked the ones we love most, so you can choose the best sex toys to suit your pleasure.
    see through lingerie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig