Thursday, June 4, 2020

TO ME, FROM ME | LOOKFANTASTIC BIRTHDAY BEAUTY HAUL


I’m not the only one who uses their birthday week to spend a disgusting amount of money on themselves, right? I turned twenty five [eeek] last week, and what better to cushion that blow than to spunk a fortune on beauty products? I feel like I’ve got to the age now where it’s completely acceptable to rack up several Klarna debts to spend on stuff for myself, and no one’s gonna tell me otherwise. I’ve had this LookFantastic cart lurking in my browser tabs for bloody weeks and I’m thoroughly thoroughly excited now it’s here. Here’s what I treated myself to for my twenty fifth!

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara 
This is my ride or die mascara, and I’ve been stupidly lucky because I actually got one from my best friend as a gift, I ordered this one before I knew about my prezzie, and then got a free gift in the form of the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in Peach Edition for spending £40 on the brand on LookFantastic.com. I haven’t ever used the Peach range by Too Faced…is this mascara going to smell of peaches?? These go for £22 each online, but there usually seems to be a deal on. But this is honestly the best mascara the world has ever known; is it better than sex? Hmmm, maybe not, but it does get people asking me if i’m wearing flasies which is always a huge compliment.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Easy Glide Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Deepest Black
This is another tried and tested favourite, and something I can’t cope without having. I’ve tried soooo many of these pen-style liquid eyeliners because I am too ham-fisted to be dealing with any other types. This one is the best one I’ve come across, which is a shame because it’s an eye-watering £18. My first one came as part of a mascara and eyeliner duo, and I can’t say I’d have stumbled across it otherwise because of that price tag. But now I’ll be vexed for the rest of my life for having to buy this on a 3-monthly basis. It’s super easy to control, very very pigmented and opaque and doesn’t budge literally all day. It’s also got the tiniest point for a perfect flick every time.


NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Cashmere Silk
I bought not one, but two of these liquid lipsticks. And now I’m kinda thinking I should’ve bought about eighteen of them. This is my absolute favourite daily lipstick and I have worked my way through more tubes of this shade than I’d care to admit. After Kat Von D decided to mug herself off and declare herself an anti-vaxxer [thus preventing me from being able to buy my faaaave Bow ’n’ Arrow liquid lipstick from her brand any more] I needed to find a good cool-toned nude that could be a dupe. I discovered the Lip Lingerie range just googling possible dupes, and I think that now I’ve been using it for a while, I prefer the shade now anyway. It’s also only £7 a go, which is good considering how much I use it! It’s super pretty, an absolute must-have in my makeup drawer, and I feel slightly less on-edge knowing I have a backup too.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC15
‘Looooool’, ‘FFS’, and also ‘Damn’. Remember the part when I said I’d had this LookFantastic cart sitting ready for weeks? Yeah. I forgot to mention I’d been sunning myself in the garden for *most* of those weeks. I’ve always always always been a very pale gal; nine times out of ten, I’m the palest foundation shade on offer. But with all this time in lockdown, and nothing to do but park myself on a sun lounger in the back garden for hours at a time has seen me actually get a bit of melanin showing up on me. So long story short; this is gonna be waaaay too pale for me at the moment, unless maybe I can absolutely rinse my bronzer to darken it a bit. I love this powder because it adds another layer of coverage due to its foundation content. It also keeps my notoriously oily skin nice and matte throughout the day. It’s £27, so the less said about the price the better, but it does tend to last a fair few months. It’s something I always need to have, definitely, to prevent the oil-slick look from making a come back.

NYX Professional Makeup Suede Matte Lip Liner in Cannes
This is the only product from the bunch I haven’t tried before, because I’ve never *needed* a lip liner to live my life. But they are nice. They make me feel like such a laaaady. The shade Cannes is described as a “matte muted mauve”, and I think it’ll go really nicely with my Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick. I’m all about overdrawing my stupidly tiny lips, so this will give me a helping hand with that. This was only £4, so we love and respect and stan NYX for being so affordable and great quality. I’ve used it a couple of times so far and gives my usual cool-nude lip a subtle, rosy, defined edge. Very cute!

I’d like to thank me for these gifts, they are so thoughtful and exactly what I wanted! How did I know?! I’d also like to thank me for now having to pay this Klarna bill off on a monthly basis for the next 3 months. I look forward to wondering why I’m skint and surrounded by half-used makeup. Come to think of it…who invented Klarna? I may sue.

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love NYX lip products - I've found they've worked the best out of them all for me!
    This is a lovely post - hope you had a great birthday! x

    hollystheatrethoughts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig