Monday, July 20, 2020

ANOTHER FEMME LUXE FINERY HAUL | TRY ON + REVIEW*


If lockdown has taught me anything, it’s that I cannot ever have enough clothes. In normal life, I’m too busy and too distracted to spend 4+ hours a day scrolling through various websites and deciding I absolutely *need* the same dress in six different colours. But being confined to the house has allowed me to spend as much time as I like filling various shopping baskets with stuff to wear to my next lunch in the garden, or my next long and romantic stroll to the kitchen. I’ve been collaborating with Femme Luxe Finery for aaaages now, and I’ve had some great pieces come through the door from them. I’d dress this up and act like I really need these new bits, but I really don’t. I just wanted them! So here’s what I chose this time!


★★★★☆
In terms of quality and structure and fit, these cargo-style trousers are actually great. I’ve wanted a pair of these ever since I moved back down to Devon and saw all the Exeter uni students bowling about in their cargo trousers. They’re casual and a really nice alternative to the classic old pair of jeans. They also seem a lot comfier and roomier, as they’re not so fitted. 

I chose these ones in this pretty baby pink shade, although I am already having visions of dropping BBQ sauce down them, or sitting on some filthy bench or another and having them ruined. I feel like these are super cute and really comfy, like if Barbie was joining the army, she’d be in these trousers. I’m not 1000000% sure that they’re very *me* and I usually gravitate towards a slightly grungier vibe, but they’re really good quality, constructed really well and I do reckon I’ll wear them.


★★★★☆
This dress is sooooooo me, and I’m so glad I managed to snap it up when I saw it on their website! I have spotted a few dresses on various online stores in this gorgeous cherub-print, and I just think it’s hella romantic and a little bit gothic. There’s one on Zaful I was going to buy, with short sleeves, but I actually think I prefer the bardot style sleeve of this dress. The print is super pretty and dark, and I think it’s kinda hilarious to be wandering about with an angel’s bum on the front of my dress because, well, why ever not? 

The only thing about this dress is that it’s bloody SHORT, and I do mean short. Despite the frill detail around the bottom of the skirt, you could see exactly what I ate for breakfast if a breeze were to catch me slightly off-guard. But, as with the trousers, it seems like it’s well-made, not a cheap bit of rubbish. I adore the mesh sleeves, as I would still wear this in the summer as it’s quite breathable.


★★★☆☆
This is the high-maintenance-social-media-influencer-heading-to-bottomless-brunch-dress of my dreams. But I do feel like it’s been a bit divisive over on my Instagram. Some people were like “oh my goddddd it’s amazing”, whereas other people were a bit “what the hell is this?!” I personally think it’s super pretty. You know me and my pastel blues; it’s my favourite colour and it just looks so fresh and summery. I think the shade looks particularly pretty because of my tan, but I believe this shade of blue is a beautiful all-year-round colour. 

NOT that I’d be wearing this dress in January, as there’s really not a lot of it! When they say it’s a mini-dress, it really really is. It’s a bit butt-cheek exposing, but I don’t really mind that after a few pinot grigios. The material is quite tight around the sleeves which makes it a little bit hard to move, which is a pain. I absolutely adore the jellyfishlike ruffled mesh sleeves, they’re just super unique and I know there’d be no one else in this dress anywhere I’d visit. 


★★★☆☆
I’ve fallen in love with midi skirts this summer, after pretty much vowing I’d never ever wear one as long as I lived for fear of looking like my grandma. Being shorter than average, I was always conscious that the cut and fit of a midi skirt would swamp me and make me look shorter and stumpier than I already am. However, I bought one from Shein a few months ago and it’s become one of my favourite favourite favourite pieces. I spotted this one from Femme Luxe Finery and it’s basically the black version of the one I already have, so I popped it in my basket. 

It’s a size S, or an 8, but I actually find it a little bit too large for me. I’ve ingested many a kebab throughout lockdown, so I know it’s not me shrinking. I think the sizing is slightly off on this one, and I can fit all five fingers inside the waistband. Plus I think it’s slightly too long for me as well. If I was a bit taller, I think it would work for me. I’m going to cut the slit slightly higher to show a little bit more leg and hopefully it’ll work for me, because I really love the print and the style of this skirt!

Big ups to Femme Luxe Finery for collaborating on another post with me! I always love choosing things from their store because it’s not the kind of store I’d have had the nerve to shop at before. The models are very booby and Kardashian-esque, so I think it’s a really positive thing to work with ‘normal-looking’ bloggers so people can get a feel for what their clothing looks like on a regular person. I’m branching more and more out of my comfort zone as I do these posts, and I’ve had a few big hits and a few absolute fails, but it’s all part of the fun!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
*Disclaimer - While I was provided with complementary items for this blog post, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig