Friday, January 7, 2022

LIFE UPDATE: BEGINNING MY CAREER


She’s only bloody gone and done it. She’s only bloody gone and accepted an offer for an incredibly promising job in the legal sector! I am writing this and I’m absolutely on cloud nine, and it’s only going to be a short and sweet one from me today. I’m incredibly pleased and proud to share that I have secured myself a position for a leading law firm in Bristol. I’ve had a couple of interviews since really knuckling down and giving my job-hunt a proper go, but none of the applications I’ve sent off have felt as exciting as this one. 

I mean, come on, this is me you’re talking about. Jasmine McRae, the girl whose flat you could walk into at literally ANY GIVEN MOMENT and she’d have courtroom television on. I’ve always had a real passion for law, even going back to secondary school and doing legal studies as an elective subject. The company looks incredibly well-established and respectable, and their benefits schemes are already speaking to me. This just looks like a place where I’ll have a thousand opportunities, room to progress, support and encouragement with training. It’s a job where I will really get to use my brain and feel a sense of achievement at the end of the day.


I really am just made up. And aside from the job itself, the step away from shift-work and joining the recognised working week will be so amazing for my mental health and routine. Working from home and relocating cities has been an incredibly isolating experience. Being in the office with people, the ability to meet and make friends sounds like everything I need. Being responsible for getting up and out of the house, choosing an outfit, making sure I’m washed and dressed because I *actually* have somewhere to be! It’s also quite a significant pay increase for me; someone who has made do with minimum wage for the majority of my working life. It’s very exciting to be offered a salary that I feel like I am worth.


I really, genuinely cannot wait. I am beyond made up for myself and I have a real sense of pride about me this week. It’s a fantastic excuse to buy myself some fabulous office-wear and brag to everybody I know. I’m so grateful to all my friends, family and boyfriend for always encouraging me when I felt unmotivated. My Dad for constantly breathing down my neck about applications being sent off. Courtney for helping me with my CV. And Kyle for the reassuring “we go again” speech after a set-back. The hard work really had paid off and, most importantly, a job where I can see myself fitting in fantastically and really thriving came along. What a fantastic way to begin the New Year!


Lots of love,

Jasmine x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Congratulations on landing your new job! It sounds promising and fulfilling.
    Best wishes for an extremely healthy, successful and very happy year 2022!!!!!!
    It looks like you are off to a fabulous start!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats lovely! Wishing you all the best. x
    Zoey | www.zoeyolivia.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig