Sunday, January 30, 2022

A HUGE ESSENTIAL CLEANING PRODUCT HAUL


I actually filmed the accompanying YouTube video to this an age ago, but recently remembered I took a load of blog photos to go alongside it - so here we are. You can actually tell that these photos were taken before we were plunged into the depths of winter based on how much brighter my living room looks! 

A cleaning haul isn’t something I’ve ever done on my channel or blog before, but I’ve been loooong into my cleaning ever since [like so many of you!] becoming obsessed with Mrs. Hinch in 2017ish. There’s just something about plonking down onto your disinfected sofa after scrubbing your home to within an inch of its life on a Saturday that hits different now. Maybe it’s a sign of my mid-twenties age? It’s honestly become one of the biggest joys in my life.

I decided to finally create a video and blog post because I did find it a bit overwhelming with all the products on the market to know what to buy. I’ve been living out of home for 7 or 8 years now, and let’s face it, whilst I was still a student I was perfectly content with some washing up liquid and hot water - and that’d absolutely do me fine! But in the last few years, I have definitely learnt and appreciated the importance of different products for different jobs. With all the things below, pretty much every daily household task can be done beautifully easily. So here’s a comprehensive list of my absolute essential cleaning products; things you should absolutely always have under the sink!



For the Kitchen, the first thing I grabbed was the Flash Spray Wipe Hinched Wild Berries Antibacterial Multi-Purpose Cleaning Spray which is for counters/worktops, cupboard doors, handles, general spot cleaning around the sink and floor. It’s an all-rounder really and takes care of most greasy spots and spillages with a simple wipe. This time, I grabbed the Fairy Clean & Care Rose and Satin Washing Up Liquid which was the first time I’d tried it and, yes, I was buying everything on this haul to fit a certain pastel aesthetic! This washing up liquid is good if you don’t wear rubber gloves, but not so good for the dishes. I’d personally recommend buying a pair of rubber gloves and getting the Fairy Platinum. Then of course, every kitchen needs a pack of multi-purpose Sponges and Kitchen Roll. 


In terms of Laundry products, I’d never use any detergent other than the Ariel Original Washing Gel however I am aware that the non-bio is better for some people with sensitive skin concerns. I just find the Ariel yields such a consistently good clean, plus I like the fact it’s a gel you put straight in the drum [I find this more hygienic when using rental property washing machines!]. Then I grabbed the Lenor Silk Tree Blossom Fabric Conditioner which I really love the smell of. I only ever buy the Lenor fabric conditioners, just because we’ve always had them at home growing up. I love most of the scents and pretty much buy them on a permanent rotation! Then the final laundry-related item is my trusty Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Stain Remover which goes in every single wash to keep my white socks white and Kyle’s eternally pasta-saucified t-shirts unstained. 



Then there’s all the Bathroom products. The first is the Elbow Grease Glass Cleaner with Vinegar which I use on the mirrors, the taps, the shower cubicle glass and the inside of the window for a sparkly finish. In this trip to B&M, I decided to grab the Bloo Total Hygiene & Shine Toilet Gel which I personally would not recommend over my usual Domestos bleach. I like to try something new every now and again, however this one - despite smelling lovely - really didn’t give as good a clean as a standard bottle of bleach, so I have definitely gone back to Domestos since this video was filmed. Then we have another mistake; the Febreze Air Mist Fresh Linen. When I say that this was rank…it was truly rank. I think I tolerated it about 3 times before I went and purchased a replacement Oust, which is far better for the bathroom and the kinds of smells that need freshening in there. But a good air freshener that you like the smell of is definitely a bathroom essential.


Then, finally, there’s a few random miscellaneous items thrown in here. There’s my absolute favourite Zoflora Summer Breeze 3-in-1 Action Concentrated Disinfectant which I genuinely couldn’t live without. I use this stuff on EVERYTHING. It gets diluted in water and spritzed onto my soft furnishings, I put a cap-sized amount through every wash in the washing machine. I use it to wipe down my skirting boards and even use a teeny tiny amount when cleaning my makeup brushes too. It’s fabulous and sets my mind at ease regarding germs lurking about. I also like to have a 1001 Carpet Fresh Jasmine & Linen or something similar in the cupboard to spray after vacuuming. Although the smell doesn’t last for ages and ages, it’s nice to give the carpets a little fragrance just to complete the job. Then I also grabbed some Coat Hangers because they are literally always needed in this flat with the way I buy clothes. Finally, I also bought these 4 BPA Free Storage Boxes for lunchboxes and leftovers from dinners. These can go in the fridge or freezer, and are super handy and help minimise waste! 



These are all the things that I absolutely need to have in terms of cleaning supplies and general household management. If you use a shop like Poundland or B&M, you can do a big haul like this for under £30, which I think is a really reasonable for a month or so’s supplies. I hope you found this useful! Also, there’s the YouTube video up on my channel for you to watch below if you prefer.


Lots of love,

Jasmine x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig