Saturday, October 22, 2022

L'OREAL PURE CLAY DETOX MASK + GLOW MASK REVIEW

Picture this: it’s the weekend, you’ve had a productive week and all your laundry/dishes/idiot hamster jobs are done. It’s time for a self-care Sunday. I wanted to review the omnipresent L’Oreal Paris masks, of which I have two out of the range of six. The whole range is pretty exciting; mixing high-end ingredients with very low prices, and universally available. The masks in this range I’m yet to try are the blemish rescue, purity, smoothing and brightening masks – all of which are on my to-buy list. I think it’s great when an affordable brand bring out something that feels really luxe and indulgent, especially since we’re all brassic on account of our stunning government at the moment. But let’s not mix politics with beauty posts – let’s have a good ol’ fashioned product review…


L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Detox Face Mask Charcoal 50ml
Since discovering I have sensitive skin, I’ve been quite careful about the amount of ‘detoxifying’ clay products I use on my skin. All throughout my teenage years, I scrubbed and detoxed and clay-masked my skin into oblivion – then wondered why I was spotty, oily and sore! I’ve definitely come more onto the side of hydration and gentle cleansers – so this isn’t something I’d gravitate towards or use overly regularly. Saying that, I think this is a really nice thing to have in my bathroom cupboard for a deep clean every now and again, being very careful not to overdo it!
 
The smell of this mask is quite clay-y (for lack of a better word) and slightly on the chemically side, however not so far as to irritate or seem harsh. The texture is incredibly smooth and the product spreads beautifully evenly when applied. I also think the 50ml sized pot is quite generous considering the affordability of these, and what’s even better is you are able to purchase them in most stores that sell toiletries.
 
The mask applies dark-grey to black, and dries to a pale grey, so you know when it’s ready to be removed. I use this probably once every 2 months (so very very delicately so as not to send my skin into shock!) and generally on a Friday evening after work. I apply it after my usual cleanser, and before my toner and moisturiser. Then I remove it with a warm, wet flannel. This mask can (and has!) draw out impurities or dirt up to the surface level of the skin, and can trigger a breakout, so I wouldn’t recommend it as a Sunday-night treat, as you could end up at work on Monday with a huge spot that’s come up! However, it’s a great deep-clean product for when you feel your skin is in need of some TLC and a real overhaul.


L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Glow Face Mask 50ml
This is my favourite of the two – I really can’t get enough of it! Despite having sensitive skin, I am a true advocate for the physical exfoliation (as opposed to a chemical exfoliation). There’s something super satisfying about a proper scrub, and washing away a product to reveal fresh, bright skin underneath. This coral-pink mask is a coarsely gritty texture which is absolutely perfect for resurfacing and retexturing the face. This one definitely gets more frequent use from me, and I always feel like it’s such a treat.

I apply the mask after my cleanser, and before it has dried, rub it in circular motions into my skin to lift and clear any dead skin, remnants of makeup, residues of sadness etc, and then leave it for around 15 minutes before again soaking off with a wet flannel. This is a mask I’ll use in the morning, as the glow it gives your skin is noticeably bright, and makes for a fantastic canvas to apply your makeup on to. A full face of makeup looks so much nicer and fresher on a smoother base. This is a real star-product for me, and something I’ll always want to keep a pot of handy in my bathroom.


For the £4.99 price tag, these are products that are super accessible to anyone wanting to have a bit of a pamper. I think they’d be especially good for younger people who are first experimenting with skincare and face masks; they won’t break the bank and they definitely give the feeling of a treat. Everyone deserves to have a bit of self-care in their routine, and this could be a fantastic gateway-drug (for lack of a better phrase!) into more complex or premium skincare.
 
Of course I like to indulge in a very spenny face mask every now and again, but we’re in a cost of living crisis you know! I’m sure that every man and their dog has seen these masks floating around blogs and the shelves of their supermarkets, but I still wanted to contribute and throw my two cents in. I do like these products, and I really rate their prevalence and how universal they are.
 
Lots of love,
Jasmine x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig