Sunday, March 1, 2020

HALF A COLLAB WITH FEMME LUXE FINERY | TRY ON*


“Half a collab?” I hear you cry! Well, let me tell you a story about Femme Luxe Finery sadly running out of stock for half of my collaboration order; a beautiful corset dress and a longline hoodie failed to make it to me for this order. Part of me thinks they want me to stop taking the p*** and ordering the boujiest, loveliest stuff. But as the wise Red Hot Chilli Peppers once said: Can’t stop, addicted to the shindig. I still received two of the items [perhaps the better two[?]] and since I’m dying to place my next order, here’s what I got this time…



I think my personality is starting to consist solely of mesh-sleeve crop tops now. This one is no less lovely than the one I got from Femme Luxe Finery before; the sizing is perfect and I just think it’s so flattering and feminine. The sleeves have a girly whimsy about them - I think it’s also bang on trend, with every online shop and their dog stocking this ‘dobby’ style mesh detailing on dresses, tops and playsuits. 

This one’s a little different from the last, however, because the top is made from velvet which is vvveeerrrryyy woman-of-the-night and makes this a definite evening out choice. It rides up a bit and seems to have a little less stretch, but is that gonna kill me? No. What might send me to an early grave, however, is the bleeding elastic around the elbows and wrists. The stuff is ItChY, and once it’s shoved into the sleeve of a jacket, it’s enough to make you want to order an über and end your evening out. But, I guess they say beauty is pain??? And lawd Jesus it sure looks beautiful.



Sorry, did I say the top was very woman-of-the-night? Because I take it back because this dress deserves it far more. Or maybe woman-of-the-castle, or woman-of-the-sassiest-crypt-on-earth. I feel like this little number is serving you Morticia going for cocktails, or a witch literally about to transform into a bat and I am  L I V I N G. 

I chose a size 8 which, on account of the many many bags of Monster Munch I consume on a weekly basis, was a bit ambitious. However, I’m really glad I did. The one thing that kind of annoys me is that the shoulders can drop down over-the-shoulder slightly, which I don’t think looks as good and the little puff on the sleeve adds to the drama. That’s the only thing I don’t like, though. Everything else is perfect; the fabric is opaque and actually quite cinch-y - it seems to slim down the Monster Munch-induced tummy. It’s a perfect mini-length, which I don’t usually find because I’m 5’2” so most things end up being inadvertently maxi on me. This dress was suuuuch a find and I really can’t wait for someone to ask me to do something that I can wear it for. Anyone know of any necromancer brunches around? 

As usual, a big big thank you to Femme Luxe Finery for allowing me to choose these lovely pieces for review. And please rest assured that some day I will find it in my heart to forgive that the other two pieces went out of stock. I mean, I’ll forgive you…but my grandchildren will certainly be hearing about it. 

My other recent Femme Luxe Finery hauls and try-on reviews can be found in my archive! I’ve done a fair few now and am so enjoying working with them. I seem to be getting more and more impressed by the quality and the styles I’m choosing. I also feel like it’s helping me expand my personal style, which is great for someone who lives in jeans and the same t-shirt for a week IRL.

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

*Disclaimer - While I was provided with complementary items for this blog post, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion.
SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig