Tuesday, August 4, 2020

BOOTS HAIRCARE HAUL


She finally got her hair done! She’s finally living her post-lockdown life and the world doesn’t seem like such a terrible place any more. It’s amazing what a visit to the hairdressers, a bit of bleach and a little trip to the haircare section in Boots can do for a girl’s self-esteem. If you haven’t seen my blog post about my hair, you won’t know that I’ve got the most beeeeeautiful unicorn locks known to man at the moment. I was smothered in treatments, bleaches, toners and other beautiful products, but this means that there’s going to be a fair amount of upkeep for me to handle. So with that in mind, I popped to Boots after my appointment to grab some of the essentials for maintaining my pastel lilac and pink hair. 

Firstly, I grabbed a bottle of the Bleach London Rosé Super Cool Colour, which I’ve been using since 2015 on-and-off to dye my hair a beautiful pastel pink. It’s £6.50 for 150ml, which does my whole head once. I’ve still not quite got the hang of it, despite considering myself a bit of a Bleach London veteran, but it seems to do something slightly different every time I use it. Sometimes it makes me this hot, electric pink, and sometimes I get quite a subtle tint of colour. Nevertheless, I really enjoy using it. Plus, I thought the colour I left the salon with was just *very* slightly too cool, too lilac-toned for me, when I love love love a slightly pinker tone, so I wanted to amp that up a bit for myself. 


Then I went for the PRO:VOKE Touch Of Silver, Strengthening Purple Shampoo which is also a staple of my bathroom cupboard, but I’d run out recently and really needed a new bottle. It’s usually on special, as luck would have it, but this time I paid £4.99, which is full price, but not too offensive for 200ml! This shampoo is amazing and I’ve always purchased it since I’ve been bleached blonde. I hate having yellow tones in my hair, which is just caused by the yellow pigments in your hair becoming more visible when you bleach it, so these need to be kept at bay with a really strong purple shampoo. My hair is bleached up to a veeerrry light blonde, and this shampoo ensures it’s always a bright white base for any pastels I put over the top. I used to dye my very yellow-blonde hair pink, but it just turned out peachy which was not a good lewk on me.



I then also picked up the Bleach London Rose Shampoo and the Bleach London Rose Conditioner, which, again, I’ve been using on-and-off for years. These are a bit pricey at £6.50 per bottle, but it has to be done! It’s great for maintaining a pink tone to your hair, especially when you have used a pink dye on it previously. Again, I’ve had mixed results when using this - I have no idea what causes it to work better for me some day and do absolutely nothing for me on others. It can give you a pink rinse, or really increase the life of the semi-permanent Rosé colour, which typically doesn’t last a very long time.


All in all, a decent little haul and it’ll keep my hair looking luuuuurvely for as long as possible after my visit to the salon. I also use other products between these so I don’t overload my hair with colours, toners and whatever else I can throw at it, but these are the four absolutely necessary products for helping me maintain my pastel hair colours!


Lots of love,

Jasmine x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig