Wednesday, August 19, 2020

DAY TO NIGHT FEMME LUXE FINERY | TRY ON HAUL*

 

With the universe seemingly going back to normal - and my Instagram stories flood with brunch, bar and nightclub promotions - I’m getting to think it’s high time I get some outfits sorted out. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you’ll know I’m a total sucker for a brunch date, so that’s always top of my list. I also LOVE to think I can manage a night out, and if you discount the fact I’m usually borderline paralytic by 7pm and spooning a kebab by 9pm, then obviously I need some pretty bits to debut on my first post-lockdown night on the town. I’m lucky enough to get to choose pieces from Femme Luxe Finery, who I’ve been working with for nearly a year now (and loving every minute!) to get my wardrobe stocked up and ready for when we can all be unleashed into the world. The shopping centres, cafes and bars won’t know what’s hit it! Here’s what I chose for my day to night leeeewwwks with Femme Luxe Finery this time…


★★★★★
This top is giving me nothing but super-villain, lady of the manor, vampire of the castle realness and I’m so here for it. I absolutely adore it more than life itself. It’s so attention-grabbing, whilst also being quite a simple long sleeved black top. What I love about it, though, is the added drama of the satin finish, the puff sleeves and the corset fastening down the front. The sleeves are long and cover the palms of my hand, which I like, especially when I’ve got a set of acrylics on. I also absolutely adore the square neck; I don’t have much going on in the way of cleavage so a different, higher neckline is always something I prefer. I also think it looks pretty glam with my hair up, like in these photos, so you can see the neckline. I can definitely see myself wearing this either in the daytime or the night - with a pair of blue jeans to go for bottomless brunch, or black jeans for drinks at a bar. 


★★★★★
I literally love this one again [and this may be my favourite Femme Luxe Finery haul to date!] because this tie-front top keeps getting “nice legs, daisy dukes, makes the men go woo-hooo” stuck in my head every time I wear it. It’s just one of the most feminine, fluttery, flattering tops I’ve ever worn. I was slightly worried about the tie-front situation because, being flat-chested, I was worried it’d be flying open every five seconds and compromising my modesty. I didn’t need to worry about that as it stays closed really well. I love the flute-sleeves, which are also super long. It’s slightly sheer, so a nipple cover wouldn’t go amiss, however I don’t think you’d get away with a bra underneath unless you intentionally wanted it to be exposed. I simply cannot wait to drape this in my hollandaise sauce on my eggs benedict at my first bottomless brunch after lockdown!


★★★★☆
This is another one I wasn’t totally sure about when I ordered it; I didn’t know quite what to expect, or how it might look on me. If you’ve been on the Femme Luxe Finery site, you’ll see the model is an absolute boobalicious, bootylicious, tall, tanned, brunette babe and I’m kinda a 5’2”, boy-chested, pink-haired, pasty gal, so it’s quite hard to gauge what things are going to turn out like! I was so impressed when I tried this on, though! I’m only knocking off one star because it’s super super super tight, despite being a size 8 [like all the items I get from this website] so I wasn’t sure what caused it to seem so much smaller! I eventually wriggled in, though, and it’s such a nice dress. It’s a simple bodycon dress, but I love the ruched bust with a tie closure. I love this for a day of shopping with a pair of Air Force or Converse. It could also be styled with heeled boots and a jacket for an evening out, too! We stan a multi-use gaaaaarm!


★★★★☆
So to compare this to the above dress, this one was also a size 8, and you can see it’s much larger on me than the pervious one! I’m not entirely sure why this is [maybe just the style?] but it means I need to style it with a belt. That’s not a big deal though, I actually think it looks better with a belt to break it up slightly! I’m generally scared of any colour that isn’t black or white, so I was ‘umming’ and ‘aahhhhing’ as to whether I wanted this, but I actually really love this metallic sage number. I’m not entirely sure I could get away with it on the daytime, but for a night out, it’s perfect. I love it because it’s not your typical little black dress or little red dress; you don’t seem to get a lot of little sage dresses. My best friend loves it too and she lives for a bit of green, so we’ll have to do some road testing. It’s a really pretty dress and I do like my little venture into colour!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the looks of all four of these outfits and also love reading the details of your impressions thoughts and the feelings you get wearing them.
    You look fabulous in all four OOTDs.
    I'm really loving the look of that Femme Luxe black satin puff sleeve corset top styled with the black mini-skirt.
    I love the lingerie as outerwear look, so as much as I love the 'Daisy Duke' vibe from the blue gingham tie mesh top, I think it would look fab styled with a bra underneath.
    You look amazing rocking the black ruffle tie-front bodycon mini-dress.
    I also love the silky sheen of the sage satin ruched side slip mini-dress.
    Best wishes with the road testing. You look fabulous, and I love the looks of these fashions from Femme Luxe.

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig