Monday, June 29, 2020

LOUNGE CO-ORDS FOR DAYS | FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY ON HAUL*


Since no-one’s leaving the house, let’s just stock up on PJs! I’m wanting to serve you comfortable realness whilst I recline, eat my feelings, pollute my mind with hours and hours of reality TV and wonder where it all went wrong. We stan a loungewear set, now more than ever. And since I’m just an overgrown princess-obsessed toddler, I went for aaaaall the pastel shades. Shock! I filled my Femme Luxe Finery cart with the best lounge sets I could find, and here’s what I thought when I tried them on!


★★☆☆☆
Let me tell you about pale pink cycling shorts: No. They are a no. They are the biggest no I’ve ever encountered and I am just SORRY that I have exposed you to this absolute criminal offence against faaarshun. I would never ever ever have bought cycling shorts unless they were offered to me to try as part of a collab - ever. They don’t look good. I’m offended by them. I’m hurt and distraught that they exist. And that’s not to say they don’t look fabulous on other people; the model looks great, but JEEEESUS H Christ and for the love of all that is holy. Get these off me, get them in the sea, kill them with fire before they lay eggs. 
The top, on the other hand, I think is quite cute. I don’t think I’ll wear it much besides when I’ve run out of other PJ tops. But it’s not overly offensive, but it’s not my usual choice. It’s made of pretty thin material which, I guess, we all need at the moment with it being the middle of summer. But this set left me feeling a little bit meh, I’m not feeling fierce and I am an underwhelmed. Soz not soz!


★★★☆☆
After the hellish experience of the pastel pink set, I was glad to pull this pretty pale blue set out of the parcel. Baby blue is probably my favourite colour on the face of the earth, and I’m much much happier in a pair of joggers than the devil-incarnate cycling shorts. This set is a lot nicer, but still feels a little bit cheap to me. I like the colour SO much; it’s the perfect icy blue. The top is a decent crop-length so it shows off my sternum tattoo [always a winner in my book] and the joggers are properly high waisted. They’re a great length on me, with probably a little room for someone slightly taller than my 5ft-ness, and they have pockets, yay! I was a bit perplexed by the tie-waist string thing. It doesn’t do anything. It’s literally just sewn on the front, so is completely and utterly pointless. NOT great for cinching in the waist and disguising the chips and dips-induced food baby. 


★★★☆☆
This one’s defo defo defo my favourite of the lot, despite the cycling shorts. They just categorically do NOT look on me, and that’s the end of it. But there’s something really - annoyingly - undeniably comfortable about them, and in black, I don’t think they’re the most hideous garms on earth. But they still aren’t great. They’re properly high waisted which I love, and it’s quite cosy having a longer length short to doss about the house in on my days in [aka all of them]. But what I really like about this set is the top. It’s a really simple bandeau crop top, but it’s made of a very thick and sturdy material. It’s properly opaque and stays up without any issues, which I always find quite rare in strapless tops being as flat-chested as I am! And they say black is a slimming colour, so consider the lockdown-junkfood body hidden!


★★★☆☆
What a pretty colour!!! I love lilac almost as much as I love a baby blue, and the set actually appeared very grey on the website while I was choosing it. So I was really pleasantly surprised when it turned up and it was such a vibrant pastel lavender shade. Pretty! The top is a very verrrry cropped length, but I don’t really mind that. I like the slit detail and the long sleeves are long and cosy. Again, it’s a pretty thin and cheap material, but we don’t mind that when it’s sweltering I suppose. But then we need to address the bottoms…once I could get them on. I got this set in a size 12-14 - I’m usually a size 8. And these buggers literally took me about ten minutes to squeeze myself into. The ribbed material means it’s very very tight-fitting, and don’t get me wrong, once they’re on and in the right place, they’re pretty comfortable. But I could barely even get my size 3 [!!!] feet through the bottom of the legs. I don’t know how or why they’re so tight, but I was pretty much ready for a shower once they were on properly; it was a workout. 

This wasn’t the best haul I’ve ever had from Femme Luxe Finery, I won’t lie. I don’t know whether it’s because I’m not your typical instagram-baddie lounging around in co-ords which feature cycling shorts or whether it’s because these bits didn’t feel like the best quality, which is a shame! I suppose it doesn’t matter too much, as none of these sets are likely to be worn outside the house, and even though I don’t like the way they look  r e a l l y, it’s not like they’ll see the light of day. These are hardly post-lockdown brunch #OOTD contenders! But while we’re still in lockdown, my mission is to wear out the seat of the pants in every single pair of these loungwear sets as I relax on the sofa. Sue me!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig