Saturday, June 13, 2020

MISSGUIDED SUMMER DRESSES | TRY-ON HAUL


I am living my ‘treat yo’self’ fantasy right now. I’m literally typing this out as I’m supposed to be lying on a Fijian beach and being fed melon by some dude who is simultaneously fanning me with a palm leaf. My round-the-world trip continues to be postponed, so the next logical step is to spend inordinate amounts of cash on online shopping. So, yes, I’m spending far far FAR too much on clothing and makeup. But I’m also curing myself of depression, so it’s fine, no? 

I fell huuuugely out of love with Missguided a couple of years back after a particularly bad bout of customer service. I can’t remember exactly what happened, but it did transform me into a massive Karen and my twitter DMs to them are very “get your manager to call me”. The sHaMe! However, after a while, the dresses Missguided had on their website just looked too good to resist, and I ended up having a little splurge. Here’s what I got!


White Dalmatian Print Milkmaid Mini Dress // Size 8 // £12
Considering this was the cheapest one of the haul at only £12, it’s actually the one I’ve worn most! I’m having an absolute love affair with Dalmatian print at the moment; there’s something super summery and girly about it. It’s also a nice variation on the classic polka-dot, which I also own a fair amount of. I really love the capped-sleeves, which can also be worn as a bardot fit. The material feels like good, sturdy quality and isn’t see-through in any places [despite it being absolutely skin tight]. This dress is obscenely short, however, and calls for much pulling-down when it’s being worn! But I can forgive all that because it’s so pretty, feminine and summery!


Black Polka Dot Cowl Neck Cami Slip Midi Dress // Size 8 // £22
I luuuuuurve this dress. I’ve been wearing more and more midi dresses and skirts lately. I think it’s because I’m finally accepting that I’m in my mid-twenties, and having my knickers virtually on show at all times maybe isn’t entirely age-appropriate any more. Boooo! Hissss! I’m slightly iffy on the cowl neck, but that’s only because I’m flat-chested AF and there’s a bit of a gaping situation going on. However, the straps are adjustable so I have tightened them up to minimise this problem. It definitely needs a belt around the waist to give slightly more shape! I’m only 5’2”, so this is longer on me than it should be but I still think it looks really pretty. I also love the dainty white polka dots on the black base!


White Polka Dot Bardot Frill Dress // Size 8 // £20
How cute is this one?! It’s [again!] slightly long on me, but I love it so much. This one gives me serious weekend-in-Paris-posing-by-the-Eiffel-tower-vibes. It’s super girly; the ruffled bardot neckline is very very beautiful and also flatters and skims the tops of my arms. It’s slightly longer than I expected, and the skirt is slightly fuller, longer and looser than I expected from the pictures on the website. I think it’d look much better with a belt around the waist to cinch it in and break it up slightly. When I wear this out, I’m definitely going to style this with a bright red lipstick and gold accessories. It’s super pretty.


Black Dobby Milkmaid Skater Dress // Size 8 // £26
This one is my absolute favourite of the bunch. So much so, that I’m planning on buying it in every colour as soon as my next pay-day rolls around. I’ve never worn a dress with such a flowy, flattering silhouette. It’s super feminine with its ruched chiffon neckline, and sleeves that can be worn as bardot or on the shoulders. It’s super tight on me around the ribs, which is nice because it cinches my waist in [breathing is overrated anyway, right?] and it’s also the perfect length. It’s just a super romantic dress, from the delicate mesh, the skater-style skirt and the draping of the sleeves. This screams date-night for as soon as the universe reopens! And I’m definitely buying the white version, which absolutely screams date-day, on Friday!

I hope you’ve all been treating yo’selves in these strange and uncertain times! I know this is a rare and unprecedented time to have the opportunity save, but also [I bet!] one of the only times we’ll have to be able to spoil ourselves silly for years and years. Although it really is bringing new meaning to the phrase all dressed up and nowhere to go!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig