Thursday, June 18, 2020

WHAT I GOT FOR MY 25TH BIRTHDAY


I think my friends and family have seriously tried to cushion the blow of me turning a QUARTER OF A CENTURY old. Twenty five?? Twenty five??? I can barely believe it. I still want to watch Disney films, eat cake for breakfast and - to be honest - be pushed around in a pushchair, for F’s sake! But I guess all that’s over, and I’ve officially hit my mid-twenties. Wow! So I’ve decided to take a few of the best bits I got as presents and have a little brag about how spoilt I’ve been. 

Just kidding; I’m so incredibly grateful to all the people who went to so much effort to make my day as special as it was. I started drinking Aperol Spritzes at 8:30am, had my family and a couple of *socially distanced* friends over for a big barbecue and then ended the evening on the beach, having a sea swim! I really had the loveliest day, and now it’s time to get super thankful and mushy over the amazing bits I got to unwrap!


My best friend sent me a parcel which contained a Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, which I failed to photograph because it’s already opened, half-used and in my makeup bag somewhere. She also chose the Mádara Brightening AHA Peel Mask, which is a really exciting one for me as I’ve not heard of this skincare brand, and I’ve been getting so so so into my peels lately. My lovely friend Abi got me this pretty unicorn, heart shaped necklace with the  cutest Gemini jewellery dish to remind myself what a bad Gemini bitch I am on a daily basis. My darling friend Charlie sent me this beautiful bouquet of pink and white flowers which featured roses, lilies and [sooooo gorgeous] gypsophila. I popped these in a vase and put them next to my PC so I can stare at them while I work from home; they’re so pretty!

My friends and family are aaaaaall too aware about the hair breakage I’ve suffered over the last few months due to a bad bleach job I had at the start of the year, which caused most of the hair around the crown of my head to fry off. I don’t have the balls to cut it short, and luckily we’re in lockdown still, so I can’t see a hairdresser at the moment anyway! So all I’ve been doing is trying to look after it as best I can. My stepmum spotted that I’d been using the John Frieda conditioner so chose the John Frieda Hydrate & Recharge Mask to help me look after my hair a bit better. I’ve slept in this mask already [it feels gross, but so worth it] and it’s a really good, really nourishing mask. Fab sent me a bottle of Grow Gorgeous Repair Rescue Conditioner which I’ve never used before, but smells of lavender so I already adore it. My brother and sister chose the amazing OLAPLEX No.6 + OLAPLEX No.7 which I have loved using soooo much so far. 


I was super super super surprised and bloody shooketh to receive this first edition copy of Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov from the boy who likes me ;) I have wanted one for literally ever; it’s my favourite book in the world and I’ve been collecting copies for years. First editions are really rare and hard to track down. I remember mentioning it to him about it when we first started speaking, so I thought it was the most thoughtful and lovely thing to receive. And then my dad provided the absolute goods with a new pair of Dr Martens 1460 Boots. I religiously wore my last pair, aaaall the time, and to Reading Festival, all round Europe; some of my best memories are from when I’ve had my DMs on. I’m not me without a pair in my wardrobe! I’m not looking forward to breaking them in, although I have worn them a couple of times so far and they’ve not been to horrifically painful. 


I’m so grateful and had such a lovely day. To be honest, having barbecued halloumi and lamb skewers coming out of my ears, and enough Aperol to drown myself in made my day as it was. But I’m so thankful to my family and loved ones for going to the trouble of making my day super special. 

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig