Wednesday, June 10, 2020

THE SUMMER STAPLES | FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY ON HAUL*


For me, Femme Luxe Finery are bringing new meaning to the phrase ‘all dressed up and nowhere to go’ during lockdown. I cannot stop ordering stuff, for love nor money! Another day, another completely unnecessary parcel comes through the door. I cannot prove it, but there really may not be anybody better dressed for coronavirus than me. And my Klarna and Clearpay accounts can certainly testify. Lucky for me, myself and Femme Luxe Finery have done a fair few collaborations in the past, and I’ve been liking their stock more and more over the past few times we’ve worked together. I wanted to try a few summery pieces for this haul; stuff I’ll need and wear over the next few months. Here’s what I chose this time! 



★★★☆☆
Don’t get me wrong; I think this is cute. It’s a nice jumpsuit, it’s well-made, it’s simple and very wearable. It’s aaaaall those good things, but it’s definitely NOT for me, unfortunately! The thick straps are a cute look - especially with the square neck detailing which I really really love to distract people away from my lack-of-baps. If you’re of the larger-chest ilk, the straps will hide any bra, which I also think is a great selling point. It’s made from a light, but very very opaque and good quality material so there’s no see-throughness to contend with. It also means you’re not going to absolutely suffocate to death on any day the weather dare creep above 25 degrees.

I’m shorter than average, so jumpsuits are always a gamble for me. But this one is just suuuuuper duper long on the legs, and even in the body and around the waist somewhat. It has an elasticated waist, but on me, it just folds over itself because I’m too short for it to fall properly, which is a disappointment. I blame myself, though, not the jumpsuit. My stepmum has since tried it on and really likes it; it looks a lot better on her with her extra height, so it looks like she may be inheriting this one!



★★★☆☆
We love a twist on a classic summer basic, don’t we? I’ve bought countless vest tops, tank tops, crop tops, camisoles and bralettes over the years, just to get me through the summer. They invariably end up in the bin at the end of the season because they’re worn to death and sun cream and cider-stained. But there’s never usually much to be said about the ol’ faithful summer crop top, which is why I really liked these when I saw them on the website! They feature two really REALLY long pieces of fabric at the front for tying around the waist, which I think it actually really unique and cool. 

I have almost zero idea on how they are supposed to be tied; I think that they look kinda weird and out of place when tied at the front [?] but then the material is too short to be tied in a bow at the back…so I’m not 100% what I’m meant to be doing with them. But I think they look pretty cool. I think they’d be best as a beach coverup maybe - the material is very thin and the white one is almost see-through. They may not be the most practical of tops, but they’re certainly way more interesting than your average stretchy summer vest. 



★★★★★
When I ordered this, I remember thinking “this is going to be an absolute pile of crap”. I remember looking at how it looked on the website on the model and thinking “this’ll never in a million years look like this on me when it comes!”. I also never wear red, don’t reeeeally do florals as a general rule, and haven’t bought a playsuit in a while because of how annoying it is to try to go for a wee when you’re wearing one! But when this came, I was absolutely amazed at how lovely this was. I’m shooketh, I’m in love, I’m amazed, I’m grateful. I want to thank not only God but also the lord Jesus Christ for the gift that is this playsuit.

I love the cut-out middle which shows off my sternum tattoo nicely [I always try to go for clothes that show my tattoos, so massive brownie-points here!]. The top is also cut perfectly so a strapless bra is hidden flawlessly by the material. The spaghetti straps are adjustable, which we LOVE. The pretty, girly angle-style sleeves are comfortably elasticated so they sit midway down the shoulder. It’s a very flattering sleeve, and stays where it’s meant to for hours without sliding around. The shorts are figure-hugging, but flattering. They’re a good length - I don’t mind my shorts being quite short, so be aware of this if you don’t like cheeks a little bit on show! It’s just so so so so good, way better than I expected it would be.

I am absolutely loving working with Femme Luxe Finery on a regular basis. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; I think it’s really positive that they are working with bloggers of all shapes and sizes to demonstrate their fashion looks great on everyone - not just the [absolutely gorgeous but completely unattainable booby/bummy/lippy/hair/tanned] model on their website. I wouldn’t have had the nerve to buy anything from them if I hadn’t had the chance to see the likes of me, a 5ft 2inches mid-size girl rocking their stuff. So I always hope these blog posts are helpful and encourage you to try some stuff that’s a bit more out of your comfort zone! I’ve been pushing the boat out more and more as I’ve been offered to try more things and I’m always surprised with how much I love it.

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

*Disclaimer - While I was provided with complementary items for this blog post, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Aw, these outfits look so fab on you - that red playsuit is gorgeous, you look amazing! And I actually like that black jumpsuit too, don't be so hard on yourself! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig