Thursday, April 28, 2016

ALL TIME FOUNDATION LOVES



I like to think I’m pretty well-versed in the foundation department. I was a slave to Dream Matte Mousse in year 9, but since then, I’ve tried countless brands and formulas in search of my perfect base. My complexion has always been a bit ‘iffy’, shall we say? I’ve got the oiliest T-zone known to man, red cheeks and chin, and dry patches near my temples. I’m also quite a pale shade, and many brands’ lightest option can make me look more orange than Jodie Marsh. Having said this, I have managed to find a few foundations that I completely and utterly swear by. If you need foundation inspiration, or want to know which foundations are fab for problem skin, look no further!

L’Oreal True Match Foundation in Ivory | Boots | £9.99
This is my favourite, everyday foundation. It’s affordable beyond belief, comes in about a million shades (that might be a slight exaggeration, but you will most definitely be able to find a shade that matches you) and looks really natural on the skin. I first tried this after Lauren Curtis started using it over on her channel, and I was not disappointed! It blends out smoothly, and covers most of my blemishes. The thing I really love about this is the fact that it looks like my actual skin. I only have to set it with a translucent powder and I’m good for the day!

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Santa Fe | FeelUnique | £31
This is almost every blogger in the universe’s favourite foundation, so I’m sure you don’t need me to rant and rave about how wonderful it is. This is my summer foundation, as it is slightly darker than the rest. It’s also a foundation that screeeeams summer; it’s dewy, illuminating and makes me look fresh faced. I simply adore it. While it’s not the most purse-friendly option, it’s definitely loved by so many beauty bloggers for a reason.

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 3 | Very.co.uk | £32
Here’s an entry that I don’t often see in the bloggersphere, but it’s certainly an unsung hero, so I’m here to sing its praises! Again, it’s a wee bit pricey, but you can see exactly where your money is going as you apply this to your face. I’m pale as a ghost half the time, but this foundation is the best match to my skin tone that I have ever found. On top of that, the coverage is second to none. The pigmentation completely blends out over any redness or spots. It’s natural looking, comfortable, and definitely a little bit luxurious. The only thing that annoys me about this little gem of a base product, is that the shape of the bottle means you’re not likely to be able to squeeze all of the product out. A bit annoying, but I’m not afraid to say I’ll be hacking the bottle open with a pair of scissors when I’m reaching the end of my stash.

What are your thoughts on my favourites? Which foundations do you like for pale skin?

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You're reminding me how much I need Sheer Glow back in my life! Fantastic post as always lover.

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig