Monday, April 18, 2016

NYX LINGERIE | KYLIE JENNER DUPE





So, I’ve been thoroughly, hopelessly, ridiculously useless on my blog lately, and don’t even mention my YouTube channel! The final few weeks of my first year at university are upon me, and I’m stressed out and hugely disorganised! But, fear not! Today I’ve got a blog post for you that will possibly spark up a new love affair and possibly save you ££££…

So the entire Internet has practically lost their marbles over the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits over the last few months. They sold out within minutes and now they’re popping up on eBay for ridiculous sums of money. I, on the other hand, decided to take my money elsewhere. Especially since the whole scandal involving them not even posting products that have been paid for, and their non-existent customer service, I’ve been even more put off from spending my hard earned cash on the Lip Kits simply because they’re the brain child of the latest faddy celebrity.

I turned my attention to the NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks; a range of incredibly beautiful lipsticks that NYX says are “a range of colour-kissed nudes—from cinnamon pink and chocolate brown, to warm mahogany red and classic nude beige—each sultry shade will coat the curves of your lips with irresistibly creamy colour”. And let me just put my two cents in; they really are ALL stunning, and I’ll hold my hands up and admit that I’ve watched about a week’s worth of swatch videos of the entire range on YouTube. I fell in love with about 4 or 5 shades, but eventually settled on the stunning ‘Beauty Mark’, a dark, deep brown. I chose this shade because I was craving Kylie Jenner’s True Brown, but wasn’t ready to part with £45 for one off eBay. The two shades are unbelievably similar, and have been compared across quite a few beauty blogs lately.

Onto the lipstick itself… The packaging is sleek, practical and easy to slip into your handbag for touch ups on the go. It has a doe-foot applicator; something I’m genuinely shitey at but definitely something I’m learning to use properly. The lipstick applies like a creamy lipgloss, and dries to (and let me really stress this!) THE TRUEST MATTE IN ALL THE LAND. Seriously, it’s like velvet. The shade is stunning as well, and not like any other shade I own, and absolutely suits my pale skintone. The only thing I’d mention is the chalky consistency of this liquid lippy. It’s become important for me to really deeply moisturise my lips the night before I want to wear this lipstick, and the shade can get really dry and crack on my lips. Not to worry, though, because a thick layer of Vaseline the night before will do the job, and I don’t have to worry for the rest of the day after.

Longevity-wise, the lipstick is unbelievably hard-wearing. And by ‘unbelievably’, I mean that I had to basically scrub my face off trying to take it off after trying it for the first time. It’s made of some tough stuff; so don’t worry about it sliding around on your lips at all. I’d just make a note of the fact that it may need some touch ups throughout the day if you’re eating or drinking a lot!

Personally, this is my absolute favourite beauty purchase of 2016 so far. It’s beyond beautiful, so flattering, and sits incredibly well on my lips. I’m still eyeing up the other shades, though. ‘Exotic’, ‘Bedtime Flirt’ and ‘Honeymoon’ are teasing me, and I’m sure I’ll be adding to my NYX collection soon. It’s my 21st next month! Hint hint ;)

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This looks so amazing and the shade is so flattering too! I might actually have to check these out <3 lovely post x

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the Liquid Sueds from NYX but still haven't managed to get my hands on these ones! My local bots doesn't seem to have them, they must be so popular. Beauty Mark looks amazing on you! I'll have to start watching the swatch videos too!!

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so the longevity is fine - really glad to hear that! looking forward to this collection heating our stores! thanks for sharing!
    xxx
    made-make-up.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the colours in this range been meaning to pick some up but theres so many colours dunno which ones to pick! This one's such a lovely shade and totally suits.. i can't believe the price of the Kylie Jenner ones and by the sounds of it they don't last as long as these ones xx

    www.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Women who wear lipsticks daily, retouch it more than 10 times a day, should be very careful. Some amount of those harmful metals does get absorbed over a period of time and leads to lead accumulation in the system. Even small amounts going in for a long period of time can be a cause for concern.
    buy nyx lingerie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig