Thursday, April 7, 2016

SIX SPRING ESSENTIALS




Now that Spring has reared it’s head, got me all sneezy and watery-eyed, we can all start stressing about what kind of havoc the change in weather in going to wreak on our skin, buying new clothes and forcing ourselves to live on one almond a day in preparation for our summer holiday. Yay for that! With all this in mind, I’ve rounded up a few of my absolute spring-time essentials. These are all things I couldn’t live without when the weather starts to warm up, things that sort my strange, greasy skin out and make me feel all pretty and girly and like I’m straight out of a Marc Jacobs advert…

URBAN DECAY NAKED 3 PALETTE
If ever there was a palette designed specifically for spring, then this has got to be it. I know you don’t need me to harp on about how amazing the quality of the eyeshadows are, or how pretty the shades are, but lawd, if you invest in one palette over the next couple of months, make sure it’s this one. Pink and rose toned hues are so perfect for this time of year, and when my skin starts to get a little more tanned, I get a pretty flush of rosy colour.

MAKE UP STORE LIPSTICK IN REDWOOD
This is a lipstick I save almost exclusively for spring. It’s one of the nudiest-nudes I own, just with a hint of pastel pink, and although I normally avoid such colours with my life, this one really works for me. The teeny bit of shimmer also adds to my overall glow from actually seeing a little bit of sunshine, and it’s a smooth and comfortable lipstick to wear all day. Plus it goes with pretty much any eyeshadow look, and practically any outfit too.

NARS VELVET SATIN LIP PENCIL IN DESCANSO
Another lip colour that rarely sees the light of day until the calendars hit April is Descanso by NARS. It’s unbelievably pretty and peachier than any lip colour I wear. I usually don’t have the nerve to wear it for the rest of the year, but there’s something about warm spring days that make me toss out the rulebook and go for the floral, tropical shades.

BENEFIT TRIPLE PERFORMING FACIAL EMULSION
As I mentioned before, the weather change can really mess up a girl’s skin. So for me, I swap my slightly heavier winter moisturiser with Benefit’s facial emulsion because it’s about a tonne lighter on the skin and pretty much just soothes and protects your face. I love it, and NOT just for the pretty bottle (which, lets face it, looks like it’s straight out of Alice in Wonderland or something).

DAISY BY MARC JACOBS
The ultimate spring scent! If you’ve not yet had a whiff of this (unlikely unless you live under a rock), you’re seriously missing out. I for one HATE perfume adverts with a passion, but actually, strangely, the Marc Jacobs advert for Daisy somehow describes the scent. Just imagine you’re a scantily clad, pretty blonde running through a field at sunset. THAT is what this perfume smells like. It is literally spring in a bottle.

LA ROCHE POSAY SEROZINC
And now, for my most recent skincare love. La Roche Posay never ever fail to deliver when it comes to my skin. They’ve helped me conquer acne, find a decent skincare routine, their products don’t leave me feeling like I’ve been robbed, and their packaging is minimalistic and sleek. I bought Serozinc because I couldn’t click a button on the internet without seeing someone raving about it. Now I can see why! It’s mattifying, soothing, cooling, refreshing, it balances out your complexion, it smells good, it’s really fun to spray yourself in the face with an aerosol can…need I say more?

Those are my top picks for spring, and I’m so excited that the days are longer now and the weather is starting to get warmer. I’m a sun worshipper at heart, and the next few months have so much in store for me. I’m moving to London, I’m finishing my first year at university, I’m moving jobs. Everything is wonderful and I’m so very very excited! I’ll contain my squeals now, but I really hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if we have any spring essentials in common, and make sure you tell me if I’m missing out on any gems!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This is such a lovely selection of products, perfect for Spring time.
    Olivia x - www.beautybagsandbaking.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still yet to try anything from NARS and every post I see featuring a product makes me want to try NARS even more! Also the Naked 3 is on my wishlist as it is perfect for Spring!

    Beth ~ MissCosmeticBlogger

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig