Saturday, December 10, 2016

COLOUR FREEDOM METALLIC GLORY SILVER GREY | REVIEW AND DEMONSTRATION




Better late than never, I always say! Over a month ago, I dyed my hair grey. And maybe I’ve just been too wrapped up in my exciting new silver ‘do to be bothered to write this review, but I thought it was about time. I had loads of questions over on Instagram (@jazmcrae, hit me up) about it, so why not just answer them all in one handy blog post?

The Colour Freedom Metallic Glory Dye in Silver Grey is the colour I chose to sort out my hair. My roots were a delightful yellowy-orange shade after the hairdresser royally buggered it all up, so I needed something slightly darker than I’d have initially preferred to cover those roots. Silver Grey is the second palest shade they do (Silver Blonde being the palest, and Graphite Grey being one shade darker). I got my dye when it was on special, so it was around £5 per box, and I needed two for my medium/long hair! I’d recommend buying two anyway, just in case. It’s easy for dye to come out patchy for NO reason at all, and the last thing we want is for you to run out of dye mid-dye-sesh.

There’s not much on the interwebs at ALL about these dyes. I was only able to find a few images of the results, and I think there was one video. I also saw a particularly off-putting article on a news website about some girl using this dye and it turning her hair dark blue. Hmm. Nevertheless, we soldier on in the quest for granny hair.

As shown in my YouTube video, I basically read the instructions and did what I was told. I think the key thing to state here is that I started with white-blonde hair as a base with just tinged orangey roots. I want to stress that you won’t get a true silver result if there’s any warmth to your hair. If you’re blonde, you need to tone the warmth right out of your hair using a purple shampoo. You need to have clean, pale, white-blonde hair to begin with to get the shade advertised on the box.

I haven’t ever dyed my hair by myself at home (unless you count some wash-in wash-out pastel pinks or purples last summer) so as you can see from the video, I haven’t got a CLUE what I’m doing with my life. I can’t dye my own hair for love nor money. I’ve got no skill, no tactics, it’s basically going everywhere and I have no control over the situation. By some divine intervention, though, after about 35 mins, it washed out and looked even and fab. I left it on for longer just because I was so concerned about the dye covering my roots. It did!

When it first rinsed out, it did look quite dark and I was hoping from the beginning that it would fade out a bit. I expected it would, and over the past few weeks I’ve actually ended up with a beautiful pearly silvery grey, which is much lighter than what is shown at the end of that video. For more up to date pictures, you can always check my Instagram @jazmcrae! I answered a whole load of other questions in the video; so if you want more answers, give that a watch. If you do have any other questions, do let me know! I’ve had white blonde hair for a good few years now and I’m rather well versed in the ways of bleach blonde-ness, so do give me a shout if there’s anything else you’d like to know, and I’ll do my best!

Lots of love,

Jasmine x



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi what colour was your hair before you applied the grey?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ive used silver blonde and its dyed all patchy like big areas silver then big areas of blonde any ideas plz?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig