Thursday, April 16, 2020

A LITTLE MAKEUP REVOLUTION NEW RELEASES HAUL + SWATCHES


These are the first bits of makeup I’ve bought in bleeeeeding ages! I can usually sustain myself on birthday and Christmas presents - my family are always great at spoiling me with beauty bits - but I’d forgotten how long it’d been since I actually treated myself! I popped to Superdrug for some quarantine essentials; paracetamol, some shower gel and a toothpaste. But I couldn’t resist having a little look at the makeup counters. It feels like  F O R E V E R  since I had a browse in a shop for something ‘fun’! 
It was like a teeny tiny taste of normality in these strange and uncertain times, and I am really excited to share what I’ve bought with you. 

I’ve loved Makeup Revolution since they first burst onto the scene in 2014, prompting everyone on the face of the earth to collectively lose their shit at the prospect of a £1 lipstick. Their prices have gone up a fair bit since becoming more popular, but it’s still definitely one of the cheapest brands on the high street. And there’s certainly no shortage of bloggers reviewing their Makeup Revolution finds because the products are so accessible, meaning it’s one of the most trusted and loved brands around. I have a feeling that I picked up some of their newer releases without realising [I don’t see much hype online so far about them], so I’m happy I get to spill the beans on these products early on!


Makeup Revolution Matte Fix Oil Control Makeup Fixing Spray 100ml | £6
This may not be a brand new product for Makeup Revolution, but they’ve definitely updated the packaging very recently as I can’t seem to find a picture of this anywhere online! I love a setting spray, and after finally facing up to the fact that a dewy finish really IS NOT for me, I’ve been steadily hoarding mattifying setting sprays in my makeup drawer. Up until it ran out, I loved my NYX Matte Setting Spray which only cost £7, but a £1 saving is a £1 saving! I can’t say what I really think of this just yet; I’ve spritzed it on my face today to give it a whirl, but it feels great so far and I can’t spot any of my usual attractive greasiness! 

Makeup Revolution Brow Gel in Ash Brown | £5
I may have chosen slightly the wrong shade on this one! With all the testers being taken off the shelves [for obvious reasons] I couldn’t get a proper look at each shade. These gels come in Blonde, Ash Brown and Dark Brown, and I’m kind of thinking I should’ve gone with dark brown! Not to worry though. If you didn’t already hear, I shaved my eyebrows off in a mid-quarantine meltdown, so I’ve been trying to learn to draw them on while I pray they grow back as speedily as possible! I usually use the NYX Tinted Brow Mascara which I  a d o r e  but have wanted to try another brand for a while, and I thought this one looked pretty good. My first impression is that its a lot thinner formula than my usual option. The gel seems much more liquid-y then gel-y, but the little spoolie applicator is great and very precise. I think the shade may be a touch on the light side, but once my brows grow back I’ll be able to give it a fairer assessment!

Makeup Revolution Renaissance Flick in Black 15g | £5
Okay, for starters, WOW. This little Harry-Potter-wand-looking rose gold pen is super pretty. I love the way this looks because it’s such a breath of fresh air away from the usual black pen-style liquid eyeliners. It’s not just a long thin pen; it’s actually slightly wider in the middle and tapers in at each end, making it quite a lot easier to hold. It’s got one of those beads inside that rattles when you shake it; I’m not really sure what this is for, but every eyeliner I’ve had that didn’t rattle always ran out after about a week. I used this liner for the first time this morning and it’s so completely black! My wings have come out a tiny bit splodgy, but I think that’s just down to needing to get used to this specific shape and style of nib, which is flexible at the end and rigid midway down. On top of that, I swatched it on the back of my hand yesterday after getting home, and despite washing my hands four hundred million times, some of the pigment remains, which is very promising! 


This little spend has lifted my spirits no end! It’s funny how spending £16 total on treating yo’self can brighten up your mood. It’s just a strange old time, but I’m so enjoying having the time to try new products, write my blog, and just spend some time on looking after number one by doing the things I love to do! And if it gives me something to post on my instagram, well that’s a bonus too, isn’t it!

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've never tried any Make Up Revolution products before (I know, I know) but it looks like that Matte Fix Oil Control Makeup Fixing Spray is one I definitely need to test, anything that would help control my ultra glow would be amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Revolution ��

    I’ve actually just ordered some more concealer & highlighter online; these are great too especially for the price! Will have to try the fixing spray & gel eyebrow liner, normally go for the dark brown too ..... hope the eyebrows grow back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I've been looking for some new brow gel and that sounds perfect! Thanks so much for sharing ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I'd really love to try the brow gel! x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig