Sunday, April 12, 2020

THE BABY PINK + BLACK EDIT | FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY ON HAUL*


Welcome to a very sunburnt edition of my usual Femme Luxe Finery hauls! I was extremely lucky to be invited to choose some more items for a review on my blog, and was so excited to build an entire order using my signature colours; baby pink and black. My wardrobe is kind of emulating my extraordinarily ratchet hair at the moment [in hair-salons’ name we pray] - very very washed-out pink and dark roots. 1 Like = 1 Prayer. 

Unfortunately dressing solely in millennial pink and black isn’t enough to constitute a personality, so I’ve decided to get a sunburn in 16 degree heat in the UK to make up for it. But anyway, I’ve been so looking forward for shooting for this post because this is probably my favourite set of items so far, so here’s what I got! 



★★★★☆
If you’ve been keeping up to date on my Femme Luxe Finery hauls, you’ll probably be having a bit of déjà vu; I already have this dress in black from one of my previous collaborations. I wanted to get the pink one too because this dress is draaaaaama all over. Not only am I amazed beyond belief that I’m back in a size 8, but I feel like this is possibly one of the most flattering dresses to ever grace my bod. It’s truly bodycon, and made with a thick and sturdy fabric that keeps you all in place, and then the dramatic sleeves add the wow-factor. 

I love the colour, although I am aware it’s probably very close to my naturally pale, pinky-toned skin. So I’m really just waiting for my tan to develop over the next few months, because I think that the dress will look so much more complimentary on slightly bronzed skin. The only thing about this dress I don’t quite understand is the belt - which is too short to tie in a bow and the seam is right in the middle. I’m not entirely sure where it’s meant to go, but I still think it looks pretty tied up at the back like this!



★★★★☆
In these COVID-19 times, we all need a loungewear set in our lives. Whether we’re working from home, self-isolating, or whether we’re going to work and need something to get cosy in after a shift, we all literally need one. I may petition the government to make them a human right. The Femme Luxe Finery lounge sets are really good; stretchy fabric, realistically sized, and the come in so so SO many various styles. 

I’ve already got one of the Femme Luxe lounge sets with flared bottoms, so I wanted one with more of a legging this time. I found this one which I thought was so cool; I love the balloon sleeves on the top, which is so comfortable and cosy. The bottoms - which are quite long on my 5’2” frame - are tighter around my ankles so they don’t drag down, and can be rolled up too. I opted for black to disguise the various baked bean spillages that are bound to happen as I live and die in this set for the next few weeks!



★★★★★
THIS. IS. HELLA. CUTE. It’s definitely my favourite piece from my haul, although I didn’t expect it to be! It’s just super cosy, well-made and thick. I almost wish I’d ordered this a lot longer ago, as I can see myself wearing this constantly during the winter months when it’s freezing cold! It’s a standard crew-neck jumper dress in a medium sized knit. Again, it’s my favourite warm-toned pink, and is just beautifully simple. 

It’s perfectly oversized which is something I love, and always choose if I can. I love the slightly dropped-shoulder and the extra-long sleeves. It’s roomy, soft and perfect for slobbing about in around the house. I definitely think that I’d whack a belt round my waist when I’m wearing it out, though. I haven’t styled it yet [because no one’s leaving the house and it’s been so sunny and GAWJ lately] but I can imagine over-the-knee boots and a fedora would KILL this look. So cute. I love.



★★★★☆
I’ve been after a good hoodie dress for ages, but never saw one I quite liked until this one. I actually tried to order if from Femme Luxe Finery in one of our previous collabs, but it went out of stock which made me want to cry. So naturally, I snapped it up as soon as I saw it was back! The model on the website has HUGE boobs, a HUGE bum, tanned skin and lovely long black hair. So basically the total opposite of me, but I reckon I pull this off nicely. 

It’s got an effortless feel to it; very off-duty vibes. It’s a size S/M [8/10] but feels cosy and with plenty of room inside. My favourite thing about this hoodie dress is the tie-waist belt. It’s great because it creates a waist, so even though you’ve only thrown it on and you’re comfy as anything, it still looks feminine and gives your body shape. I’ve docked a point because there’s no pockets! But realistically I do think that pockets would make it look slightly more bulky, which wouldn’t be a particularly gewd lewk I suppose!

I’d love to say a humongous thank-you to Femme Luxe Finery again for inviting me to collaborate. I felt like I was running out of things I liked the look of for a little bit, but I’m even more impressed with what I’ve chosen this time. 

I think it’s really beneficial that I’m able to show what these pieces look like on a different body type to the model on their website. I always say I was put off from buying anything from them at first because I was intimidated by the ultra-glam model. But I kinda think that anyone can pull their clothing off - just maybe don’t expect to look like a missing Kardashian sister! 

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

*Disclaimer - While I was provided with complementary items for this blog post, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig