Saturday, April 18, 2020

SPRING PASTELS | FEMME LUXE FINERY TRY-ON HAUL*


It beginning to feel a lot like springtime! I don’t know about you, but I spent the majority of my week last week reclining on a sun lounger in my garden with a glass of wine and my Cosmopolitan magazine. I’m really squeezing every minute out of this last week before I get set up to work from home! The beautiful 20°C weather has blessed me with a bit of a tan [in very annoying triangle-shapes on my chest [fab!]] and inspired me to put a very spring-themed order together for my next collab with the lovely Femme Luxe Finery. I wanted to put together an order that is feminine, fresh and filled with pretty pastels.
Here’s what I got this time…



★★★★★
It’s almost like someone reached inside my head and created the crop-top of my dreams! I’m an absolute sucker for polka dots, crop tops and bardot sleeves - so add them all together and I’m practically salivating. I’m also extra excited because this is a size 8, meaning that my lockdown-induced lack of Five Guys burgers is making a difference. Still, I’d rather be a size 10 and EAT a burger, but I digress…

It’s a stretch fabric which is opaque on the torso but a mesh puff sleeve. It’s a true crop-length so my tattoo is visible beneath it [I paid £400 for it, so I’m bloody showing it off!] and the boob-bits aren’t absolutely huge. They also have a rubbery-silliconey strip to help keep them stay up, which I so appreciate, because the spaghetti straps are a teeny bit too long on me. This top is going to get absolutely worn to death this spring and summer. I love it so much!



★★★☆☆
I’m possibly being slightly harsh by rating this 3 stars, because it’s a very very very pretty dress - and suuuuuch good quality. The material is thick and ribbed. The length is perfect, the belt is a great length, the sleeves are long, and the neckline stays in place without falling down. I think this would be perfect for a more formal setting - like a spring time wedding or a garden party of sorts. So I just don’t think it’s very ‘me’!

I also took a bit of a gamble going for this Sage colour. I don’t tend to wear green [like, ever, since 2001] but I really wanted to branch out and give it a try. And I just don’t like it on me! I just feel like - even with my tan - it washes me out a little bit too much. Plus, I don’t think it’ll look very good once I dye my hair pink again after lockdown ends! It might be a bit of a clashy situation and I’m not really here for it. I’m going to keep hold of it for now and ask my classier friends for some advice on looking half-decent in green!



★★★★★
YAAAAAAS! SHOW STOPPING! LILAC SLINKY PERFECTION! I didn’t think this dress would look as good on me as it does when I added it to my basket. It looks absolutely amazing on the model with her size quadruple F boobs and booty so huge it has its own gravitational pull. Whereas I’m barely an A-cup, and you can tell I definitely enjoy pizza. I just can’t get over how flattering the slinky material is on my body, and how interesting the twist-front detailing is! 

It’s a bit of a Davinci Code mission to work out the straps when putting it on, but it’s super comfortable to wear and [I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again] it just looks  S O  G O O D. This lilac is slightly brighter than the pictures give it credit for, and now I’ve got a bit of a tan, it’s such a beautiful shade. It’s also a proper mini-dress on me, despite being only 5’2”. So watch out if you’re not vertically-challenged like me, as it may expose what you had for breakfast! I definitely get more ‘clubbing’ vibes from this dress, but I’m going to whack a pair of white trainers and a denim jacket over the top and see if I can’t get away with it for a self-solution walk soon. It’s definitely one of the more ‘dressy’ pieces I’ve chosen from Femme Luxe lately, but I’m just head over heels with this and cannot wait to wear it!

I’ve had an amazing experience working with them so far. I was initially super skeptical about the brand and the store; I felt like it was aimed at a very specific type of girl with a very specific look that I just didn’t fit into. But since I’ve collaborated with them a few times, I’ve started to get more comfortable styling the clothing to look more like ‘me’ - rather than a slinky dress with clear heels, I’d prefer to style it with some chunky boots! Working with them several times has also made me step out of my comfort zone and choose items I wouldn’t usually go for. I’ve felt the freedom to go for pieces I wouldn’t typically choose and have mostly loved the results! 

Lots of love,
Jasmine x

*Disclaimer - While I was provided with complementary items for this blog post, this has not affected the review I have given. All products reviewed are still done so with 100% my honest opinion. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. these are beautiful dressing ideas.keep sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple dress! I've ordered a few times from Femme Luxe but I've always had really rubbish quality stuff! I'll have to try it again maybe. Danielle || https://www.missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig