Monday, February 10, 2014

MAC Angel Lipstick - Lip Swatches and Review








This lipstick is definitely one of my most used and most loved lipsticks. I went to buy my first MAC lipstick with this in mind, but when I got to the store the MUA advised I buy Snob instead. Oh how I regret it! This lipstick would definitely have made me happier. Now I own it, I rarely leave the house without it on.

It is described by MAC as a 'soft pink', but I'd say it was a slightly milky pink with shimmer. It is a frost texture, meaning that it leaves the lips looking moisturised and pouty. It definitely isn't a show-stopper colour but it is by no means boring. It is your typical my lips but a better colour colour! When I use it, it instantly brightens up my face and adds a radiance to my skin tone. It is truly lovely. 

The texture is really creamy and smooth, much like the rest of the MAC lipsticks, and it doesn't tend to highlight my dry cracked lips (though, it doesn't help them stay moisturised or anything). The colour lasts a pretty good amount of time; for example, if I'm shopping or whatever, I may only need to touch up once throughout the day. However, if I am eating, I'll definitely need to touch it up afterwards.


The colour is perfect for my skintone at the moment. The pigmentation of my skin is slightly darker so Angel looks paler and more radiant. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love the look of slightly paler lips on darker skin. To me it looks exotic, so I'm really pleased with how its looking on me at the moment. Though, during winter it does give my makeup that much needed rosiness when my skin is at its palest. 

At $35AUD or 15GBP, I'll almost always wait until my annual trip home to England before I stock up on MAC lipsticks. However, this was one I simply couldn't wait for. It has been seen on many celebrities like Kim Kardashian and YouTubers like Lauren Curtis rave about it, so I simply had to have it. $35 does seem like a lot of money, but for a lipstick I use almost every time I do my makeup, I've had a lot of wear and use out of it.

I'd 100% recommend this lipstick if you're looking for an easy to wear, ever-so-slightly shimmery neutral pink lipstick. It screams effortless elegance and I absolutely adore it! 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig